Monday, January 17, 2011

"This girl has been through so much."

Read Patty her scriptures 6:30am

She had a new nurse this morning.  She had done Patty's hair during the night and she looked so pretty.  I thanked the nurse.  Her answer was "This girl has been through so much, but she spent a good night." 

The fluid being removed by dialysis is making a visible change.  Patty is not nearly so puffy.  Her lungs (the original problem) are much improved.  Her liver is not functioning, but they do not seem so concerned about that as they are that she won't wake up.  The nurse yesterday said we can help with all the other symptoms, but she needs to wake up.  Not much else to report.  She is getting really good care.

I am sorry I am not able to respond to all your emails.  But I really do read them to Patty each day.  Evan, who is in health care sent one that made sense.  He said it is really easy to get caught up in the readings and stats, that I could end up seeing them in my sleep.  I have focused too much on those and found myself rising and falling when they do.  Probably not too healthy, so the following are for each of you.  They are intended to be informational only, don't make the same mistakes I do.  By the way Evan, tell the girls Patty got the hugs.

Oxygen Saturation    60%     PEEP  10

We love you.  Please keep praying.

Steve

5 comments:

  1. Hang in there Steve. I know how much you love Patty. I see it every time you look at her. It was good to see you last week-end. Tell Patty that she is looking all of 30 years old and can I come and sleep over. J/k Just want to make her laugh. I'll keep checking in on Matt. All my love and hugs. Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, sounds like things are looking up, in a small way. Tell Pat that I have a great book and a cup of hot chocolate with coffee smell that she can curl up with.
    We continue to send up our prayers in your behalf.
    Much love to you all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Steve, we just want you to know that we are thinking of Patty and our prayers are with you both! We are glad to hear that she has the best care possible!! With Love, The Heath Holverson Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Big Brother - Is is okay for me to tell you how amazing you and your wife are? You are both so inpirational. What a team you two are. The bounty of the love the two of you share is some thing that is beautiful to behold. Faith and love as strong as yours and Pat's make miracles every day but you know that. This is where I tell you again - I want to be just like you when I grow-up and my hope still springs eternal; just like my love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Our prayers are with you and your sweetheart, Patty. We are here for you, please don't hesitate to ask for anything. Thank you for sharing with us Patty's progress.

    ReplyDelete