Thursday, January 13, 2011

Not a very fun day

Read her scriptures at 6:30am.

Bishop Zander came in this morning right after Patty and I had prayer.  It was her day to say it but she didn't cooperate, so I said it for her.  I pleaded with the Lord for a miracle but told him I understood the concept of "Thy will be done" if that was the miracle he had in store for Patty.  They had related, previously, that her liver was continuing to fail due to the auto-immune hepatitis.  That was one of the "jokers in the deck" they were trying to cope with.  I had been watching a marker on her vital signs that had to do with her kidney's function and had discussed it with the family, because it was getting close to a troubling reading.  Yesterday, it became a concern.  I didn't put this on the blog because I knew I would be writing this today.  This morning, the doctor told the Bishop and me that her kidneys were failing and they would probably be starting dialysis.  They don't know what has caused her to be unresponsive.  Nothing in all the tests give them a cause.  I'm not a doctor and I don't have the answer for sure, but I suspect she is preparing to go home and giving us a chance to prepare too.  You know that's how she is.  Very orderly.

Oxygen Concentration 70%   PEEP16

Please keep praying for her, the "thy will be done" part is allowed.  Who knows the miracle may be for her to stay.

Anyway know of our love for each of you.

Steve

7 comments:

  1. Steve,

    Please tell Patty that Mom and Dad send their love and are keeping her in their prayers. Let us know if you would like to have another fast for Patty.

    Tina for Dave and Regina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still sending prayers heavenward for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're with you in prayer and thought. Love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that I got to be VT companions with Patty. She's got so many good stories and tells them with such spunk. I love you and Patty dearly and am so sorry for this hard time you're going through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We love you guys, and will definietly wish for the best. Thank you for the updates, and for sharing your positive attitude through this trial even though I'm sure it is not easy. She is constantly in our prayers.

    Love, the Williams Family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Steve, please know that our prayers and thoughts are with Patty, you, and the boys 24-7. We absolutely love your wonderful family. You are a strength to us all in our lives and in strengthening our testimonies.

    Love, Gary and Dayle

    ReplyDelete