Saturday, January 8, 2011

News on Patty

News on Patty

Read her scriptures to her this morning at 10:50am.

Met with the doctor last night and he related that it is hard for them to differentiate the lung disease from the pneumonia in the xrays so they met as a board and he asked my approval to "blast" her with steroids for the next few days which would fight the inflamation that may be caused by the disease and let them get a better reading as to the response of the pneumonia to the antibiotics. I obviously said yes. This morning they lowered to Oxygen concentration from 90 to 80 and she tolerated it for about an hour but they had to raise it again to 90. Her eyes are much cleared and she is more alert more often. Really good signs. So vitals:

Blood Pressure is good but occassionally spikes and drops. Highest so far was when Stevenson was here 228/214, but right now it is good and steady.
Heart Rate is been holding in the 75 to 85 range. But it too will spike. Has been as high as 160. Ron and I witnessed that last night but we each took a hand and it came right back down. I think the stress just gets to her from time to time. I teased her that it was cool that just her being around me still makes her heart race. That brought a smile and a "yeah right" look to her eyes. Sense of humor is still functioning. Her oxygen level is pretty consistently in the 92 to 96 range.

So to get her off the Tube and out of the ICU
Vitals and Ventilator Readings Goal Current
Blood Pressure Good & Steady Good and Pretty Steady
Heart Beat Good & Steady Good and Pretty Steady
Oxygen Saturation (lower the better) 40% 90%
PEEP (Pressure of the ventilator-lower is best) 5 15
Her Oxygen Level as I write this 9o to 95 92 Due to the Ventilator settings

I am going to use this format to ask some of you for help from time to time.

Clea- could you let Neil and Eja know I got their note and read it to Patty. She smiled, as much as she can with a tube in her mouth. Also I haven't been able to get to Deanna. Her voice mail is not working. It makes a sound like a French Police Siren.
Tina- she loved your email. I tried to get Austin but he hasn't responded. Give him our love and tell him to answer his phone.
Mary and Vicki- I will text you Matthew's phone number just in case you don't have it. Check on him from time to time for me. He is pretty neglected right now and very concerned with this situation.

We appreciate your prayers and support. I am sorry I can't text or talk to you more but no phone usage is allowed in the ICU. Computer is ok. Much love to you.
Steve

2 comments:

  1. I love you tons. Thank you for the update. I will continue calling Matt everyday. In a couple of weeks when my flu shot is in my system I will ask my doctors if I can come and visit all of you again. It's killing me to not be able to be there with you. Please let Patty know that I would be there in a heart beat if my doctors would let me. When I get the clearence I at least would like to be able to come and play with Matt for the day. Love and Prayers -- Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update! We're thinking of your family and our prayers are with you. Our little family is having a fast today and tomorrow and will include Pat. Let her know that we are thinking of her. -Krisha

    ReplyDelete