Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7th 2010 Update

It has been really hard to keep everybody abreast of Patty's situation and Clea asked if I had a blog and I said "no"..  Duh!  So I created one.  I will try to update it regularly.  Patty, I find out is keeping a daily journal and I am going to try to follow her format.  She reads her scriptures in the morning, logs the time and in the evening writes down how the day went.  She also records the days temperature. So since this is about her that's how I am going to do it.  This is going to be a long haul for her.  We have been told it will be a roller coaster.  Some reports will be up.  Some will be down, but you will get it as I do.

Last night we met with the ICU doctor.  They are going to address the pneumonia first, then the interstitial lung disease and then the auto-immune hepetitis.  She is still on the ventilator and will be until two critical readings are met.  The oxygen saturation needs to be a 40.  This morning it was at 80. And the PEEP (pressure level) needs to be a 5.  This morning it was at 15.  When these are reached and held they will remove the tube and ventilator and she will be able to use an oxygen mask.   We are still a number of days out.  The doctor asked her if she was discouraged and she shook her head no.

Also important is the oxygen level in  her blood.  It needs to run 92 or higher.  This morning it was 92.  They also said they can now hear air in her lungs.  (For the first time)  very positive.

Anyway, since these are crucial my reports will include:

Oxygen level
 BP High Low or Normal
 PEEP and Oxygen Saturation and you can know what I know.

Steve A


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, God. What champions you all are. Will look forward to the updates. The prayers are flowing and you are all ever in our thoughts. Give Patty my love and kudos. Keep up the good work. Love to all of you. Stay strong. Mary (as in Steve's sister)

    ReplyDelete